Today we are going to know How to clean Bagless Vacuum Canister. If we question you regarding the vacuum routine of your household, you would probably have an instant answer. However, how many of us remember when the last time we cleaned the filters or the canisters was?
How To Clean Bagless Vacuum Canister?
In our busy schedules, it is quite natural that we don’t find time to do certain things; one of them is cleaning your vacuum canister. However, keeping your vacuum filter and canister clean is essential for the smooth functioning of your bagless vacuum cleaners.
Guide to clean Vacuum Cleaner Canister
Keeping your appliances in pristine condition is highly essential for their longer life and proper functioning of the suction mechanism. Clean filters and canisters allow air to move freely through the vacuum and enable moving parts to function properly. This way we can ensure that suction works properly and surfaces are cleaned efficiently every time.
How to clean a vacuum canister?
Before we discuss how to clean the canister, let’s look at the things that should be kept handy.
What you will need:
- Soft microfiber cloth
- Grout brush
- Dishwashing liquid.
- Before you start cleaning, always make sure that the vacuum is unplugged.
- Follow manufacturer’s instruction to remove the canister.
- Wipe the inside of the canister with the microfiber cloth. This is to remove the loose dust that is present inside the canister.
- Now use some warm, soapy water and wash the canister thoroughly.
- Let it dry completely before you put it back in place.
- The first step is to check if the filter is washable or needs to be replaced.
- If it is washable, remove the filter and gently tap it against a trash can to remove the dust.
- Now rinse the filter in plain water. Ensure that you do not use any soap to wash the filter.
- Gently squeeze the excess water and let dry overnight or in sunlight.
- Make sure the filter is totally dry before you replace it back.
- Remove the base plate to reach the beater bar.
- Use a grout brush to gently dust and debris from the plate and the beater bar.
- Gently wipe the base plate with a microfiber cloth to remove the dust.
Tips To Clean Canister Vacuum Cleaner
While cleaning your vacuum is not a great task, certain tips can ease you through the process.
- It is always wise to keep an eye on the canister to determine the amount of dust that is collected in it. It is ideal to clean the canister every time you vacuum your home. However, if you are pressed for time, make sure to clean it, when dust accumulates to 3/4th of the volume.
- It is ideal to wash your canister at least once in a month. If there is dust or debris stuck on the inner walls or at the bottom of the canister, even after cleaning it, wash the canister.
- Always use warm, soapy water to clean the canister and then rinse it thoroughly with normal water.
- Ensure that the canister bowl is completely dry before you replace it back into the vacuum.
- Always dust the filters by tapping it against a hard surface. This needs to be done before you wash it.
- Wash the filters with cold water only and do not use any soap or cleaner on it. Ensure that the filters are completely dry before replacing them.
- Do not dry the filters in a tumble dryer, microwave or near the flame. The best way to dry it to leave it under a fan overnight or in sunlight during daytime.
- While cleaning the canister and the filter, also ensure that you wipe down the exterior of your vacuum cleaner. This would prevent the canister from becoming dusty immediately after replacing them into the cleaner.
- When you have pets, make sure to clean the beater bar regularly.
Cleaning your Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
Vacuum cleaners with bags have become so yesteryear, thanks to the advent of technology. However, we need to ensure that all home appliances are maintained properly and consistently, to ensure smooth functioning.
Particularly, for vacuum cleaners, we need to ensure that the filters and canisters are cleaned regularly. Vacuum cleaners are directly related to your health because a clean home is the most important way to ensure that you stay healthy.
Regular removal of dust and debris from our home or office can keep germs at bay and ensure good health. Vacuuming regularly alone might not solve this problem. In addition, you should also clean your vacuums regularly. Just like this guide, you can get a lot more useful information from this www.canistervacuums.reviews