Canister vacuum cleaners have traditionally been used mainly for hard floor surfaces which include tile floors, hardwood floors, and laminate. Dyson DC26 is one of the best Canister Vacuums. Nowadays, many Canister Vacuums also have motorized brush bar tools or air drives, hence you can also do carpeting. There are a large number of options with the modern Canisters. Many of Canister Vacuum Cleaners filter the air with HEPA filters, especially important to those with allergies. We here cover the features and specs of Dyson Canister Vacuum Cleaner that have received the highest consumer reviews. This dominates many of the Vacuum Cleaners. These Dyson DC26 Reviews will provide you with the options available today in Canister vacuum cleaners.
Dyson DC26 Canister Vacuum Cleaner Reviews 2020
The Dyson DC26 is relatively easy to use on hardwood because of its swivel-ball technology. This new technology allows for quite a lot of control. The Canister Vacuum is very compact with only 11.74 pounds, hence we can easily pick it up and move between the rooms or walk on stairs without any difficulty. The hand wand that comes with this DC26 canister is, however, is not that lightweight while the cleaning head is actually too light. That means the cleaning head of this Dyson Canister will slide over thick carpet instead of burrowing down and taking the dirt out. The Dyson Canister Vacuum has a cord that retracts, with 18 feet long. Dyson Vacuum Cleaner canister has a few simple controls on its base, such as a cord retract button on the right, and a power button on the left.
Moreover, you can remove the dirt container from the base of this best Canister Vacuum with a simple click of the grey button which is at the top. The container that comes with this Dyson canister vacuum can also be emptied from its trap door at the bottom by pushing its red button. And there is a washable HEPA filter in there too. This best Dyson DC26 Canister vacuum has a silver button at the bottom of the hose that allows you to switch between cleaning tools. Some of the Dyson Canisters include a crevice tool, which features a brush that slides to the top. The Dyson Canister may also have a wide nozzle and a small device with plastic bristles that are used to clean dirt from carpet.
Dyson DC26 Compact Canister Vacuum uses this Concentrated Root Cyclone technology to capture microscopic particles. While cleaning there will be many such particles which expel into the air. They cause many health issues and for the one has asthma or allergy will suffer more due to these particles. So, with no loss of suction, Dyson cyclones help to capture such microparticles of diameter down to 0.5 microns in size.
Turbine head comes with a conductive carbon fiber brush bar which has both stiff nylon bristles and ultra-fine carbon fiber filaments. Bristles are to remove the ground-in dirt from short-pile carpets and filaments are engineered in such a way to remove fine dust particles from hard floors. This Conductive carbon fiber brush bar is powered by an air-driven turbine. When not in the use, you can place this tool into the back of the vacuum which is easy for storage.
Most of the other canister vacuum cleaners are designed in such a way to replace the bags or filters or belts when needed. But there is no such issue in this Dyson DC26 Compact Canister Vacuum as it is having the lifetime washable filters. There is no need for extra bags or extra belts or extra filters just like other vacuums. Thus, no extra costs for you to worry about.
The bin of the Dyson DC26 Compact Canister Vacuum Cleaner is very transparent. This helps you to see how much dust, pet hair, and dirt this DC26 has trapped. Not only that, but you can also know when to empty it. This bin is made of tough polycarbonate which you can empty it with just a press of a button. Emptying the bin regularly in this process will minimize the risk of contact with dirt.
Dyson DC26 Canister uses the HEPA filter which traps the allergens and other microscopic particles without letting them expel into the clean air. It can capture the microscopic particles or allergens down to 1/5,000 of a pinhead. To tell you in-depth about these particles, these household allergens include as pollen, dust mite feces, and mold spores. So, you can be safe from such particles.
- Articulating hard floor tool.
- Stair tool and combination brush/crevice tool
- Miniaturized cable rewind.
- Centralized motor.
- Certified asthma and allergy-friendly.
- 5-year parts and labor warranty.
Item model number
DC26 Multi floor
8.3 x 12.6 x 10.5 inches
Bare floor carpet
Dirt Container Capacity
0.02 cu ft
Combination accessory tool, articulating hard floor tool
Dyson DC26 Canister vacuum Focus Points
- Dyson DC26 Canister vacuum capture microscopic particles down to 0.5 microns in size, with no loss of suction.
- This Dyson vacuum cleaner doesn’t need any bags and also have lifetime washable filters, so there are no extra costs to worry about.
- The brush bar of this Dyson Canister Vacuum contains stiff nylon bristles to remove ground-in dirt from carpets and ultrafine carbon fibre filaments managed to remove fine particles from hard floors.
- Articulating hard floor tool of this Dyson Canister manoeuvres easily and cleans narrow gaps.
- Extra tools that come with this Dyson DC26 multi floor compact canister vacuum cleaner are stair tool and combination brush/crevice tool.
- The bin of this Dyson vacuum cleaner is transparent hence you can see when it needs to get emptied.
- This bin of this Dyson is made of tough polycarbonate and can be emptied with the press of a button and hence reducing the risk of contact with dirt.
- Dyson Canister Vacuum has a miniaturized cable that is Smaller and lighter with a cable length of 16ft.
- The HEPA Filter of this Canister Vacuum Cleaner Captures allergens, expels cleaner air and can trap small microscopic particles.
- A centralized motor is positioned to this Dyson Vacuum Cleaner to reduce drag weight. Hence it makes the Canister vacuum easier to pull along.
- Dyson vacuum cleaner is likely to take a few knocks and bashes during everyday use. Hence, this Dyson Vacuum Cleaner comes with a 5-year warranty parts and labour.
Dyson is a British company that was established by James Dyson in the year 1987. The first dual cyclone Vacuum built was under the name of Dyson and was produced by Philips Plastics, an American company and is sold for 200 Euros. Later Dyson set up a new supply chain and expanded its business in England, Wiltshire and Chippenham etc. They manufacture different household appliances such as Hand Dyres, Vacuum Cleaners, Bladeless fans, Heaters, Digital Motors, Hair dyes, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Air purifiers, etc. Dyson hires more than 7,000 employees around the world.
Cleaning Dyson Canister is a straightforward process. Follow the steps below to clean-
- First, you need to unplug the Vacuum Cleaner to avoid any shock.
- Now you have to clean the Canister by unscrewing it and taking it out.
- Thoroughly clean the Canister and dry it well before replacing it.
Yes, Dyson DC26 Canister Vacuum comes with an automatic cable rewind. This helps to wind the cable properly and can also fit a little extra wire. So, it becomes handy for you.
Dyson DC26 Canister Vacuum weighs around 12 lbs.
The Dyson DC26 Multi Floor is a good choice for people looking for a portable vacuum that can absorb dirt from a kitchen floor. DC26 performs a bit slow on the low carpet and barely picked up any dirt on the high pile. However, On hardwood floors, this best Dyson Canister Vacuum performs pretty well on hardwood floors. Like all other Canister Vacuum Cleaners, the dirt container of this Dyson Vacuum is user-friendly and a breeze to empty. Finally, this Dyson Multi Floor is energy-friendly, as well, moreover, it won’t put too much of a dip in your electricity bill.